A Flood Insurance Policy with MetLife Auto & Home is easy to get, affordable and offers
peace of mind. Over 5.5 million people currently hold Flood Insurance policies in more
than 21,000 communities across the U.S. If you want your clients to be prepared, in
protecting your family, home and business against flood damage, think MetLife Flood!
Did You Know...
- Flood damage is NOT COVERED by most homeowners insurance policies?
- Flood Insurance is available for both your insured’s homes and businesses.
- Flood insurance can cover your client’s building and its contents?
- In a high-risk area, a client’s home is more than twice as likely to be damaged by flood
than by fire.
- Anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods. People outside of high-risk areas file over
20% of NFIP claims.
- New land development can increase flood risk, especially if the construction changes natural
- Federal disaster assistance is usually a loan that must be paid back with interest. For a
$50,000 loan at 4% interest, a monthly payment would be around $240 a month ($2,880 a year) for
30 years. Compare that to a $100,000 flood insurance premium, which is about $400 a year ($33 a
|Available in all 50 States|
*MetLife Auto & Home is a brand of Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and Metropolitan
Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Warwick, RI (CA Certificate of Authority: 6730; Warwick, RI).
Flood insurance is provided by MetLife Auto & Home as part of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP),
managed by the federal government. Excess flood products underwritten through MetLife Auto & Home Insurance
Agency, Inc., through unaffiliated carriers, such as Southwest Business Corporation, San Antonio, TX, and
Bankers Insurance Group, St. Petersburg, FL.